Thursday, September 30

snacks

Adreyn has to take a snack to school every day.  5th grades don't eat until almost 1pm so they get a snack in the morning.  However, this snack has to be semi-healthy.  Adreyn has taken raisins and goldfish...but the other day she took SunChips and the teacher refused to let her eat them (grrrrr).  So, I've been trying to figure out snacks for her that she likes but are more healthy, but are easy to get to school and can be eaten with her hands.  She loves Gardetto's trail mix (so do I) and Chex mix but that stuff can get really expensive.  So I went looking for recipes and here's what I found and what I've been doing today :-)







And I'm also gonna make this:  Granola for Picky Kids
I just have to get the chex mix out of the oven. 

I've already sampled the cracker mix....YUM!!!!
And the Chex mix smells so good!

2 comments:

Tamra said...

so goldfish are okay but sunchips aren't? hmmm...weird

your mixes look extremely yummy. I expect a big bowl of them upon my arrival. =)

Tanya said...

I know! I thought it was crazy too...I thought SunChips were actually the healthy chips...