Well, meeting yesterday got cancelled...which I found out when I got to the parking lot at work...nothing like last minute!
Well, We sat through 2 hours of parent orientations (I got to see the school orientation powerpoint for the 3rd time). We got home and both the little kids were already asleep :-) Adreyn quickly got into bed and Jason started to finish up his work for the day.
Well, At 10:00 we heard the sound we hate coming from the little kids room. Tristan was coughing a horrible barking cough. So we got to put him in the bathtub and start nebs. It took about 30 minutes but we finally got his cough to stop. He is here at home with me today...Nothing like getting sick the first week of school. Apparently he is the 4th kid in his class to be out sick this week...frustrating!
Well, He was running a fever last night but seems pretty good today...hopefully we caught this early and he will be able to get back to school on monday...
Friday, August 28
Posted by Tanya at 8/28/2009 09:47:00 AM
Wednesday, August 26
Kids have been enjoying school. Jason and I have been enjoying the fact that all 3 of them are in school during the day :-)
Today was interesting...
Kids were in school, I was going shopping for birthday presents, and Jason was working in Keller
While I was at the bank I got a call from Jason. He was calling because he accidentally drove into a HUGE pothole while trying to figure out a back roads way between 2 major areas. When he drove into that pothole it apparently managed to smash part of the undercarriage of the car up into the a/c compressor...making the car undriveable. So I drove to Keller and sat in the Surburban with him waiting for the tow truck to arrive. After we had been waiting for an hour Jason called the tow company and found that they were still 30 minutes out. So, we decided to cancel the tow company and go rent a car dolly to take the car home ourselves. We found a U-Haul company who rented car dollies but when we tried to connect it to the surburban we ended up having difficulties with connecting the lights so ended up having to rent a U-Haul truck to tow the car on the dolly. Anyway, we managed to get that all done and get home before the kids got out of school. When we arrived home we found that the gutters were finally being installed. YAY!!! Anyway, took back the U-HAUL, and then Jason started working on the car.
We had beef and noodles for dinner YUMMY!!! Then while Jason kept on trying to get the car fixed I got to go to school for 4th grade parent orientation. When I got home Philip was there helping Jason out...and thankfully they managed to get the car fixed and driveable!!!
So that's been our day today...
Tomorrow, I am gonna try to get that shopping done, I have a massage in the morning, I have a mandatory meeting at work at 4pm, then in the evening we have Kindergarten parent orientation at 6pm, and 1st grade parent orientation at 7pm....Hopefully, I can get it all done :-)
Posted by Tanya at 8/26/2009 11:37:00 PM
Monday, August 24
Sunday, August 23
What has happened since I last posted?
* Contractor picked
* Mom and Dad went to Australia
* Work is keeping Jason and I so busy I don't remember alot else we've done
* The kids still LOVE their babysitter and it's been nice being able to sleep during the day :-)
* Jason loves that he doesn't have to take the kids to work with him
* Laptop died
* New PINK laptop bought
* New mini laptop bought for Jason
* School clothes bought
* School shoes bought
* I ran into the garage with the Surburban
* Kids have been doing "crafts" (lots of glue and tape being used!)
* Teacher lists were posted...
* Teachers have been met
* School supplies have been organized in classrooms
* Justin and Ashleigh spent the night
* We are very ready for school to start!!!!!
* Roof construction done and complete except for gutters
* Rehanyn got Tristan's kindergarten teacher (the one we like!)
* Tristan didn't get the teacher that we were worried about (Yay!!!)
* Adreyn's teacher seems a little ditzy (hope we're wrong :-) )
* ummm, there's more but after working all night I can't remember :-)
Here's a couple pics
Posted by Tanya at 8/23/2009 08:02:00 AM