Friday, September 3

5 question Friday

I'm linking up to Mama M at MyLittleLife

Questions for Friday, September 3rd:

1. What do you do when you have time to yourself? Not that I get alot of time to myself but when I do, I usually read. I love reading...pretty much anything available. I got a Kindle last year and it has over 250 books on it already! I also have been spending time looking for recipes online.

2. When you look out your kitchen window, what do you see? I see our teeny tiny backyard...but mostly just our fence. When we lived in Minnesota the view out of the kitchen window was much better. The kitchen was in the front of the house so we saw the street but on the other side of the street was this cool old cemetery with really old trees. We couldn't see the graves or anything...mostly it just looked like a forest. Anyway, it was really pretty to see in the Fall with all the colors changing and it was really pretty in the winter too with all the icicles hanging off the branches :-)

3. Who/What would you want to be reincarnated as? I don't believe in reincarnation but if I did...I'd want to be a really, really, really rich person...as in, NO DEBT and money to give away!!!!!

4. What is your biggest pet peeve about other people's kids? I don't like rude kids. I was raised to have respect for adults and prefer that my kids call their aunts and uncles "Aunt _____" and "uncle ______". I introduce my friends to my kids as "Miss ____" or "Mrs. _____" SO I guess that is it...just be polite, oh and I love kids that clean up after themselves (oh, guess I was dreaming there)

5. Regular or Diet soda? I grew up calling "soda" coke...We would go to a restaurant and be asked what kind of "coke" we wanted and from there we would request "coke, or pepsi, or 7-up, or orange" etc. It has been very hard for me to call coke "soda" or "pop". Anyway, I don't EVER drink diet anything...I hate the diet aftertaste. I also only drink Pepsi...Coke tastes funny to me and I'm not a fan of clear beverages :-) Although, I loved Crystal Pepsi!!!! I didn't realize that it only sold for about a year (1992-1993)...that's one drink I wouldn't mind them bringing back :-)






2 comments:

Abramyan Avenue said...

I am with you about rude kids!! I am 32 and I still refer to my aunts and uncles as Aunt MJ or Uncle Eli...
I do remember the clear Pepsi. It was good. I also remember Jolt... that was fun!
Have a good, long weekend!
-April

Carol said...

Totally agree with using respect towards adults. I hate it when friends introduce their kids to me by my first name. Since when did I become their friend? We always used an adult's last name when speaking to them. Apparently times have changed, and I haven't!!