Tuesday, July 27

cooking/baking/making/etc.....

Today I made food. That sounds kind of stupid! Anyway...I was up early this morning so I decided to cook/bake/create.

I started with crackers...one of the girls at work makes these and gave me the recipe. They are so good! I made her version and then made an "italian" version

Spicy Ranch Saltines
2 sleeves Saltines
2/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 TBSP dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper flakes

put the saltines into a gallon ziplock bag. Mix the other ingredients well in a separate bowl. Pour liquid mix over saltines and seal bag. Shake bag well. Then flip bag over every 10 minutes for an hour then leave alone for several hours. Enjoy!

I made the italian ones the same way except I used dry italian dressing mix and only 1/4 TBSP red pepper flakes


I also made chocolate chip cookies. I used this recipe I found online. It made alot of dough so I baked about half and froze the rest for another day.

I also tried this recipe. It takes awhile but turned out well. I'll be taking these to work with me :-) I left out the sauce and just seasoned the meat well. I also used cheddar cheese instead of american. It kind of reminds me of the "Maid Rite" burgers mom and dad love :-)

And I cooked extra hamburger to have in the freezer so Jason can use it while I'm at work. It gets a little bit of the work done for him in advance.

1 comments:

Tamra said...

sounds like my day. I made rice pudding (bad idea, none of us liked it), beef stew, cornbread and banana muffins. And amazingly I got my kitchen cleaned before I went to bed. I love cooking hamburger before freezing. Recently I got some and didn't have time so just froze it raw. I regret it every time I have to use it.