Friday, July 2

5 question Friday



I'm linking up to Mama M...Click on the link above to go see the other 5QF posts :-)


Rules for 5QF
: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post. Answer them, then c'mon back to link up! If you don't have a blog, but would like to participate, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this post, or any post along the way!


1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?

Definitely the way we could just play without worrying about strangers and getting hurt, etc. The fact that these Texas summers seem sooo much hotter as an adult than they did when we were kids. Being able to play four-square for hours on end as long as your friends were there. Just living and enjoying and letting our parents do the worrying for us.


2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?

Well, thanks to Facebook I have reconnected with several people from high school. Let's just say that I am friends with the few people I want to be friends with from high school. Others I am more "acquaintances" with and there are definitely others that I want nothing to do with. My high school was a private high school and would definitely be considered "different" so let's just leave it at that. I'm very happy to have found those friends that I consider friends, again, though!!!!!

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?

The one bugging me the most lately is "good deal". Here it is in context: My text to a friend, "okay, let's meet monday at 9:30 am at the movie theatre" The text I get in return is "good deal"....hmmmm, what the heck does that mean???? It is also being used in normal conversation (not just texting) and it is still just as confusing. Another one that it really on it's way to bothering me is "that's what she said". I mean, I know it's from a TV show and at times it is pretty funny....but when it is constantly said it gets a bit, oh, I don't know...DULL????

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?

Would have to say the Statue of Liberty...We went to New York on a school trip and got to take the ferry to the island and walk around the island but didn't get to go up in the Statue of Liberty...That is one thing I regret...It wasn't my decision but I really wish we could have made that trek...

5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans?

Oh, the life of a healthcare worker...did you know that hospitals don't close on holidays? And that people keep on having babies even though it's a holiday??? My mom is a nurse and yet she never made sure I realized how my becoming a nurse would mean that I don't get to be home with my family on the holidays (Just kidding Mom!!!) Actually, I love my job and enjoy spending the holidays with my NICU families and babies (but I really miss spending them with my own family). We usually make some type of card for our families (utilizing their baby's hand or foot prints) for each holiday so that is my plan this weekend. I'm thinking a firecracker with their open hand prints as the "sparklie/boom" part of it....whatcha think????

2 comments:

Sparkles N' Sports said...

Cute blog!! My mom was a nurse and growing up she was off every other holiday and worked every other weekend. I so know what you mean about spending time with your family!! I appreciate health care workers so much as they are so dedicated. My littlest one was born the day before Thanksgiving and was in the NICU and I felt for everyone who was there at the hospital for having to take care of me and Brody on Turkey Day. Hats off to you!!

Tamra said...

so I saw a cute idea where you paint the thumb brown, a blue square on the palm and the fingers alternating red and white and when you put it on paper you have a cute little flag and flagpole but I'm thinking that would be a little much. LOL =) I like the fireworks idea.