Friday, April 18

Reunion Cakes #3

Now, decorating the satellite cakes (they'll go around the centerpiece cake).

I found the pictures I wanted by "Googling" coloring pages and found ones I liked. I printed them out on cardstock and cut them out. I then used a toothpick and went around the outline of the picture imprinting the outline on the cake

after the outline was on the cake I used a toothpick to free hand the interior--using the coloring page for reference. Here you can see it after I got all the details on.
Here's the completed cake:
Here is a cake where I did the next step after using the toothpick to get the design in the frosting. I then go over all the toothpick lines with black or brown icing. Like this:


Here's that completed cake (ignore my mess please :-) )
Here's the other completed cakes
This one is my favorite I think:
Well, I'm glad those are done. Now I just have to decorate the centerpiece cake but I'll have to do that at the Reunion. I'll post pictures of it when I get it done. Hope you enjoyed seeing the process.!
I'm going to bed now!!!



1 comments:

Tamra said...

Those cakes are awesome. The birds are so cute. Good job. Can't wait to see the centerpiece cake. Good luck!! =)