Friday, April 11

Latest Cake

Here's some photos of the cake I just finished. It is for a friend of mine from work. It's for her daughter's 2nd birthday--Mia is obsessed with hello kitty.

I traced a picture of hello kitty onto the cake and then just free handed her face and body with buttercream icing.
The flower are made out of marshmallow fondant. If you don't like the taste of fondant you should try this stuff--it's pretty good. I hate the usual fondant but I like the marshmallow fondant. I used cookie cutters to cut out the flowers and then used different size icing tips (the round end not the tip end) to make the circles for the middle of the flowers.


I used the flowers on the sides too and just had them wrap over the top of the cake.



Oh, BTW the cake is vanilla with buttercream icing.

1 comments:

Tamra said...

wow, your cake is so smooth. The fondant looks great. In the first pic I thought that Hello Kitty was out of fondant too. Great Job!