Friday, November 5

5 question Friday


1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?  Oh, something creative...I like to create stuff...then I like to leave it half-done.  Hmmm, guess that wouldn't be great for an occupation since I would never get paid.  Actually, I always thought that if I wasn't a nurse I'd want to be a florist.  I even did all the flowers for our wedding :-)

2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?  Well, I'd love either one really but I think for the long term I would prefer a cabin in the woods...a really nice luxurious cabin with a chef, housekeeper, and nanny!

3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?  I picked my kids names making sure that they were NOT named after anyone I knew.  I also didn't want matching initials/names.  My family all have the same initials...growing up we would actually get mail addressed to "The 4 TLH's"!  So, I picked names that I liked the way they sounded with our last name.  I named Adreyn Mikailah because of the way it flows, Tristan Kreig was pretty much the only name we agreed on for a boy, and I loved the name "Rhiannon" and decided to mix it up a bit for Rehanyn Noelle.  Here's an entire post I wrote awhile back about our kids names.

4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!) Today?  Probably just taking some time for myself...neglecting the laundry so I can sit and veg, or read.  Also, lately I've been loving getting to save money by using coupons...I love seeing how much I saved!!!!

5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?  Hahahahahaha!!!!!   My house is "deep cleaned" maybe a couple times a year...otherwise it's just straightened...and sometimes only straightened because people are coming over.  I use my nightshift job as an excuse ***sheepish smile***  Sometimes the excuse actually works...

2 comments:

Abramyan Avenue said...

I have actually been thinking about going to nursing school. It's always been something I have wanted to do. It's just the 4 years to be an RN seem like a lot for me not to be bringing in any income! In regards to your #4 (thank goodness it wasn't #2)I sometimes shut myself up in the restroom to read a book or catch up on my blogs. That is the one place they won't bother me. If they think I am ...ummm.."busy" then somehow they all manage to get their own drinks, sandwiches, salt...etc. You know what I mean! Lol!! Love your blog!! Have a great weekend!
-April

Jessica said...

Stopping in from 5QF. I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU for being a NICU nurse. My newborn was in the NICU for 8 days(which is nothing compared to some babies, I know), and it was really rough on us. I know I couldnt have gotten through it as well as I did without the care of the nurses. Im a new follower!