Wednesday, June 23

Let's see.....

hmmmm,

I enjoyed the last week of my "staycation" from work...I had a birthday (I'm 36...old!!!!)...I spent some time at work for the Reunion....had a birthday party for Tristan...made Tristan's birthday cake....made monkey cupcakes...made a baby shower cake. I enjoyed my time off!

This week I started it off by working, Sunday morning for father's day I made chocolate chip pancakes for the kids and biscuits and sausage gravy for Jason and I, then Monday I spent recouping from work :-) Jason made me a great dinner monday (nothing really exciting but I really appreciated that he cooked for me).










Tuesday I ran some errands to get supplies to make the cakes for the NICU Reunion. I bought 20 cake mixes, 2 large cans of Crisco, a large bottle of oil, 8 pkg of powdered sugar. I then came home (I had taken the kids out with me) and made 2 cakes...and in the process used the last eggs I had in the house...SO frustrating!!! So...all I got made today was the 2 cakes. at 5 pm I went up to work and several of us spent about 6 hours working on more Reunion stuff...we got lots of the big stuff put together. Hopefully, this will make Thursday and Friday go easily...

Today...(Wednesday) I will be spending the day making cakes (after I sleep soon) I did get to the store and bought eggs on the way home this evening :-)

4 comments:

Tamra said...

you amaze me!! all the things you can manage to do at once. your cakes are awesome as usual. would've loved to see the looks as you checked out with the cake mixes, crisco etc. =) can't wait to see the cakes and all the reunion pics.

grammynurse said...

Do you need to use my oven? Or do you want me to watch the kids? I'm at 2-5 A but plan to go back to bed now.

Tanya said...

oh, the best was when I went to Kroger and all I bought was 10 DOZEN eggs...at 11pm...yeah, I think they thought I was crazy. If I'd been younger I bet they would think I was gonna go egg someones house or something :-)

Tanya said...

thanks mom, just now noticed your comment but I'm actually doing pretty well...just 2 more layers to bake and then I'm done. Thanks though!!!