Thursday, July 21

so....

Well, my new boss started 3 weeks ago (plus a few days I think). Come to find out apparently her boss (and ultimately my boss) had been waiting for her to get here to bring up several issues.  Most were issues that I could have been working on if I had been told about them.  So, that is a bit frustrating for me because lately it's seemed like my boss's boss is upset with me.  My boss says it's not true but I don't like it!  Anyway, I've now got LOTS more work to do each day...which doesn't bother me at all.  However, the problem is that my boss's boss has decided that since our census has been lower that I have to do 2 twelve hour shifts (patient care) per week and only 2 eight hour management shifts per week.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to accomplish more paperwork and responsibility in drastically less time each week.  Luckily my boss would prefer me in management more instead of patient care so hopefully we can get it figured out and I can get back to doing the job I was hired for.  Plus, me going into staffing means that some of my full-time staff don't get to work if I'm on that shift so they are getting a bit frustrated too.

Anyway...that's why I'm frustrated and stressed.  The only good thing about this 2 twelves, and 2 eights is that I should get more days at home :-)

0 comments: