Wednesday, November 25

Pumpkin Cake Balls

Today I decided to bake...not something I usually take the time to do--unless I'm getting paid :-)

So I decided to make some cake balls but make them pumpkin flavored. I don't like pumpkin so didn't try them...but Jason liked them and even the kids (who don't like pumpkin usually) thought they were pretty good.

I used this recipe from Mom's Cookbook (the one dad and mom put together awhile back)

Pumpkin Cake
2 cups pumpkin
4 eggs
1 cup oil (recipe said butter flavored...I used regular)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
I also added about 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/2 tsp nutmeg

Cream pumpkin, eggs, sugars, and oil...Add dry ingredients...Bake in ungreased pan at 350 for 40 minutes

Then once the cake cooled I crumbled it all up and added 1 tub of cream cheese frosting.
I formed that mixture into balls and then chilled them in the freezer.
While the cake balls were chilling I melted white chocolate bark coating.
Once the coating was melted I dipped each cake ball into the chocolate and allowed it to harden on wax paper...I also sprinkled the top of each cake ball with some cinnamon sugar.

Here's some pics:

I also made Jason's favorite dessert today...Pumpkin pie...now to see if he can eat them both before they go bad :-)